In honor of Ryan Fischer, a time of visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 11, at Cook Memorial Chapel, 4235 Prairie St. SW (east building), with a Rosary at 7 p.m. Funeral Mass will be 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Pius X Catholic Church, 3937 Wilson Ave. in Grandville. Father Chris Rouech will be presiding. Click here for more info: http://cookfamilycares.tributes.com/obituary/read/Ryan-Scott-Fischer-100773824
The funeral for GHS student Alyssa Arends will be Monday, March 10, at 11 a.m
Grandville Varsity Hockey 2014 Regional Champions
Kindergarten Registration Underway
It’s already time to think about enrolling your child in kindergarten! Our goal is straightforward: We endeavor to develop your child’s capabilities and instill a lifelong love of learning. We can’t wait to partner with you and your child to provide an excellent education.
Registration is underway for children 5 years old by October 1, 2014 (*see below).
Grandville Public Schools will continue to offer the following Kindergarten Programs in 2014-2015:
• Full Day: Every day in each elementary school.
• Half Day “Young Fives” option: open to all kindergarteners (usually fall birth dates) but the program will not be housed in all schools due to limited classroom availability. Bus transportation to and from the school housing the Young Fives classroom is provided. A date will be set at a later time for children with late summer and fall birth dates to receive an optional screening assessment to assist parents in making the appropriate placement decision for their children.
Please call to register your child for kindergarten by contacting the location nearest your residence:
• For Cummings call (616) 254-6041
• For Central, East, South and West call (616) 254-6251
• For Century Park and Grand View call (616) 254-6840
(families living south of 44th Street/Rivertown Parkway)
After calling to register your child, save one of the following dates for parent orientation/ information meetings:
Tuesday, March 11 at 7:00 p.m. or Wednesday, March 12 at 1:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m.
Kindergarten orientation/informational meetings for parents will be held at
Grandville Middle School Auditorium, 3535 Wilson Avenue.
(Please choose the most convenient date/time above)
*According to statute, children with an October or November birth date who will be five years old by December 1, 2014, are eligible for kindergarten if the parent submits a written request to the district (a form will be available) no later than June 1, 2014.