Welcome Back!For back-to-school news and announcements, be sure to check out the September issue of The Communicator newsletter.
Second Annual Dawg Dash 5K on Saturday, Oct. 4
Everyone is welcome! This fun event encourages everyone in the family to get up and be active - from casual walkers, weekend joggers and parents with strollers to competitive runners. Registration info: http://bit.ly/1jJRXV0
Girls Sports Day on Saturday, Sept. 27All K-6 girls in Grandville are welcome to try out a varsity sport for an afternoon! Hosted by the women's varsity leadership club, the third annual Girls Sports Day will be held Sept. 27 from 3-5 p.m. at GHS. Participants should arrive by 2:45 p.m. in the east gym; register now via firstname.lastname@example.org with name and grade. Explore the world of sports that are played at the high school!
Fall Community Ed. Opportunities
The latest Community Education brochure is now available for download. Check it out for fun and educational class options for youth and adults. Hard copies are available at district buildings and in the Community Education office located at 3843 Prairie St SW.
Register online at http://recpro.grandville.k12.mi.us/
District Construction Updates
If you'd like to follow construction projects throughout the district, Owen-Ames-Kimball updates its blog frequently at:
Kindergarten Registration Underway
Registration is underway for children 5 years old by October 1, 2014 (*see below).
Grandville Public Schools will continue to offer the following Kindergarten Programs in 2014-2015:
• Full Day: Every day in each elementary school.
• Half Day “Young Fives” option: open to all kindergarteners (usually fall birth dates) but the program will not be housed in all schools due to limited classroom availability. Bus transportation to and from the school housing the Young Fives classroom is provided. A date will be set at a later time for children with late summer and fall birth dates to receive an optional screening assessment to assist parents in making the appropriate placement decision for their children.
Please call to register your child for kindergarten by contacting the location nearest your residence:
• For Cummings call (616) 254-6041
• For Central, East, South and West call (616) 254-6251
• For Century Park and Grand View call (616) 254-6840
(families living south of 44th Street/Rivertown Parkway)
*According to statute, children with an October or November birth date who will be five years old by December 1, 2014, are eligible for kindergarten if the parent submits a written request to the district (a form will be available) no later than June 1, 2014.