Curriculum Department NewsOur department is designed to assist teachers in providing appropriate curriculum and instruction so all students can achieve to their highest level. Quality curriculum and skillful instruction are the foundation of education, leading each student to success. Our curriculum is based on current research, rigorous standards and national best practices. Our K-12 curriculum reflects:
- A balanced that encompasses knowledge, skills, application, real world experiences and critcal reflection with a data driven instructional design
- Rigorous national, state and local academic standards
- Differentiated instructional practices for diverse learners
- Innovative instructional practices that are research based
- Positive student engagement
- Integration of technology as both learning and application tools
- An understanding of our student population and how we can help each fulfill his/her academic promise
ResourcesCurriculum Development and Review Process in PDF format.
Parent Toolkit: A guide to NWEA assessments from the Northwest Evaluation Association.
Normative Data: Monitoring Growth in Student Achievement from the Northwest Evaluation Association
Common Core Standards (K-12)
StoryTown Resources (K-3)
Instructional Coach McDougall's Links